Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Up, Up, and Away.

Time and time again, I find myself looking back on all the relationships that I've had. The heart that broke mine that caused all the hearts that I broke in return. A long list of men, boys, Earthlings that expressed emotion towards me; a different kind of love with them all.

It's like picking up a new book to read. All the stories are different and yet they consist of the same equal parts that create a story. A beginning, a middle with a climax, and an ending (to put it in the most simplest of terms). Each book that I open and begin to read, I find myself getting lost in, delving into the mysteries of the characters and their surroundings. Their emotions and their reactions to situations. But as I read the last sentence as the story comes to an end, I can't help but feel dead and empty inside. A whisper as I finally close the book and put it back on the shelf.

The loves in my life are like those of the great stories I've read. I've read many books--hoarded them even, and i've had many relationships. However, there are only a select few books that will forever stay with me; their stories on repeat in my head. There are only a few past relationships that will forever stay close to my heart.

You know who you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment